Malaysia Starting from RM6.00
Patchouli essential oil is unique in that it improves with age. The oil has been a staple in the perfume industry for a very long time and has a history of being used as a natural insect repellent. The distinctly musky and earthy scent was very popular with the hippie culture of the ‘60s. It is now becoming increasingly sought after for its wide-ranging therapeutic uses as well.
The oil is astringent, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant and mildly sedative. It has been found to be effective in relieving anxiety and depression, and it produces a positive mental state. It can treat a number of skin problems, including wounds and infections. It has fungicidal and insecticidal properties too.
Patchouli oil is an essential oil derived from the leaves of the patchouli plant, a type of aromatic herb. In order to produce patchouli oil, the leaves and stems of the plant are harvested and allowed to dry out. They then undergo a distillation process to extract the essential oil.
- 100% pure and natural: No solvents, no fillers, no synthetic fragrances
- Aroma: woody, sweet and spicy
In alternative medicine, Patchouli essential oil is typically used for the following health problems:
- Treating skin conditions such as dermatitis, acne, or dry, cracked skin
- Easing symptoms of conditions like colds, headaches, and stomach upset
- Relieving depression
- Providing feelings of relaxation and helping to ease stress or anxiety
- Helping with oily hair or dandruff
- Controlling appetite
- Using as an insecticide, antifungal, or antibacterial agent
- Using as an additive in low concentrations to flavor foods like candies, baked goods, and beverages
For people receiving medical treatment and for children, seek the advice of a health specialist. Do not apply undiluted oil direct onto skin, always dilute first in a carrier oil. Wash undiluted oil off skin with soap and water. May cause a skin allergy. If in doubt, carry out a patch test beforehand. Do not massage onto damaged or irritated skin. If consulting a health specialist, keep the product or packaging available. Avoid contact with the eyes, mucous membranes or clothing. If swallowed or spilt in the eyes get medical advice. Rinse eyes with clean water. Do not leave burning candle vaporisers unattended. Do not discharge into the environment. Dispose of the contents/ container in accordance with regulations. For external use only. Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Caution - the undiluted oil is FLAMMABLE.